Join us on for Weekly Worship on Sunday 1/10/2021, the service will be online through Facebook. Please click on the link above.
Outdoor Drive Through Caroling Was On Sunday 12/6/2020:
Indoor services began on 11/1/2020 at St. James Presbyterian Church.
Roz Presby presiding. Please join us on on Sunday’s at 10:15.
Pictures from 9/13/2020:
Pictures from 8/30/2020 at 10:15.
- All upcoming services at 10:15 a.m. on the St. James lawn
- Masks are required.
- Social distancing will be maintained.
- Bring your own chair or blanket. Limited parking spots will be available for those who prefer to remain in their cars.
- Bulletins will be emailed
- Church will be closed so no restrooms will be available.
- Live streaming of the service will be available for those unable to attend in person.
- In case of rain, the outdoor service will be canceled, but will be able to be viewed on-line at 10:15 am.
June 21 was Father’s Day and it was celebrated by many members handing out coffee and donuts to drive by fathers.
Thanks to all who participated in the event.
Help St . James celebrate Father’s Day this Sunday, June 21st from 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. with Drive Thru Coffee and Donuts!
Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there and also those that stepped up in father figure roles!!
Please continue to access the website for Sunday Sermons, under Weekly Worship below.
If you have prayers or concerns please contact Theo Camara and these issues will be highlighted during the next online service. (email@example.com)
Dear St. James Family,
UPDATE: On Tuesday May 19th the session of St. James Presbyterian Church voted to continue worship and essential functions ONLINE through June.
There may be some exceptions most notably a blood drive in the Multipurpose room on May 31st and possibly some small group music rehearsals/recordings for worship.
- All events cancelled or moved online.
- Services will be held online (more info below).
- Other Ministries & Committee/Session meetings to be held online.
- St. James Family is here to help!
- MORE INFORMATION BELOW.
- Worship: All in-person worship services have been canceled through June. Services will be available online during this time period. The format of these services will be a Youtube.com link to a pre-recorded service that will be sent out to all congregation members. You are welcome to watch it at any time you would like, but members are all invited to watch at 10:15 am as you would on any given Sunday morning. Please note that people will not be able to access these recordings by searching YouTube if they do not have the link. Note that this includes Holy Week and Easter. Every attempt will be made to make Easter Sunday special online, and we are hopeful that a unique Resurrection Sunday will be possible whenever we are able to return to worshiping together in person.
- We will still be accepting Joys and Concerns to be prayed over during the service. If you have a Joy/Concern you would like to be prayed over, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (Theo) or email@example.com (Jen).
- A time of offering will be included in the recording. It is important to support the work of the church during this time with our time, talent, and treasure. If you would like to offer your gifts of time or talent, see below for more information. Members who feel called to contribute financially should either mail checks in to the church office or discuss with Natalie Grubb ways of giving directly from your bank account with electronic giving.
- This Sunday Theo Camara will be preaching, focusing on how Christians are called to respond in faith to the world around us. Please tune in! The link will be sent tomorrow.
- Other Ministries: All in-person events through June are cancelled. Meetings and some other functions of ministry will be moved online.
- With the closure of the church building, all scheduled events are either cancelled altogether or will move online during this time.
- Session, Deacons, and Committee meetings will be happening via Zoom. Please watch your email for more information.
- All youth events in person are cancelled until the beginning of May. Theo Camara will be hosting Sunday night youth meetings online and sending daily devotionals to youth. Several more details will be sent out within the week to all those included in the Youth Ministry.
- All music events in person are cancelled. Please be on the lookout for an email and other information from Beth Trez regarding alternative plans and possible music opportunities online.
- All other church events, including Lenten Bible Studies and Holy Week Activities, are moving online. The Lenten Study will still be sent out via email and there is a possibility of a video chat Bible Study being started during this same time period. Please stay tuned for details.
- What You Can Do: St. James Family needs to stick together during this time. Please contact your deacon if you require any assistance during this difficult time.
- We have several members who are willing to go out and pick things up or help you out as long as we are able to. The only way that we will survive this pandemic is together, as one community in Christ. Please contact St. James deacons to coordinate how we can best serve each other during this time.
- Pray for our congregation and our world. There are several ancient and modern methods of prayer you could use. You could do this at home, in your car, or while you exercise. You could go on a prayer walk.
- Abide by recommendations from public health officials designed to keep everyone safe and healthy, keep our hospitals and other medical facilities open and available for those who truly need them, and help us return to a more normal routine as soon as possible. Currently, these guidelines include staying inside if you are sick, avoiding person-to-person contact, thorough and frequent handwashing, and social distancing—meaning stay away from other people as much as possible, and maintaining a minimum of 6 feet between people when you must be together.
- Check in on your neighbors, especially if there are elderly people who live near you. Call other church members and make sure they’re okay. Write a card or a note to those you love.
- Be creative! Think of alternative ways to carry out needed functions. Do anything you can to abide by public health guidelines while making sure that social distancing doesn’t become social isolation. This is an opportunity for our society, and each one of us individually, to grow and change. It is never easy!
- Have faith in God’s mercy, providence, and love. God calls us to live in hope!
PNC – How is the search for a new pastor coming? It is in progress! The PNC will be posting a short update to the website after each meeting to keep everyone at St. James aware of our progress. We began our work as soon as we were selected and have had three meetings, two of which were with representatives from Presbytery. There are notes from these meetings on the website. Some of the process is confidential, so the information in these notes will be what our responsibilities are, a general overview of the work we are doing and a timeline of our progress. Here is how to access the update section. Go to the St. James website (https://stjames-presby.org). Place your curser over the heading “Welcome to St. James” at the top of the home page. Scroll down to “St. James PNC Update” and click. The first update lists the names and contact information of each committee member in case you would like to ask a question directly to anyone on the PNC. If you have trouble navigating the website and would like a copy of the notes, please contact Karen McLaughlin at 717-497-3032 or firstname.lastname@example.org and I will see that you get them.
OPPORTUNITIES TO LEAD WORSHIP THROUGH MUSIC MAKING –
For more information or to sign up for a music opportunity, please contact Dr. Beth Trez at email@example.com. You can also check out what’s going on with St. James music at stjames-presby.org/music.
GIVE A RIDE – St James is starting a Give A Ride program for members of the congregation who are in need of transportation to medical appointments, church, the grocery store, etc. If you are able to provide a ride from time to time or are in need of a ride, please text or call Cathy Blauch at 717-586-6985. She will coordinate the program and try to ensure that rides are provided as needed. If you have any questions, please contact Cathy.
NEW HOPE MINISTRIES – We are continuing our support of the New Hope Ministries Food Pantry. All food and personal care items are welcome.