ZETEO IS UPON US!
Here are a few things that you need to know:
- We will be meeting at St. James at 4:00 on January 31st.
- We will return around 2:00 on February 2nd.
- All meals and travel expenses are paid for through fundraising and St. James!
- Youth should bring money for other items they wish to purchase.
- Snacks, merchandise, and other items will be available to purchase through Salt & Light.
- They have some pretty cool shirts, so I recommend youth save up their allowance that week.
- We will be having a mandatory meeting for Zeteo. At least one parent of each youth going is required to attend.
- This meeting with be on January 26th, right after the service (11:30).
- We will go through schedule, meals, rules, and other plans for the weekend. Please let me know ASAP if something is preventing you from attending this meeting.
- We will also be having a commissioning part of the service that same Sunday.
- Although this is not mandatory, I am asking that all youth who are going to Zeteo (who are able) please come to church that Sunday! (January 26th)
- There will be another email sent out after the meeting with a suggested packing list for you youth.
- This list will involve items to bring as well as items to leave at home.
OPPORTUNITIES TO LEAD WORSHIP THROUGH MUSIC MAKING –
Adult Choir: Thursdays from 7-8:15pm (Currently Running)
Worship Band: Thursdays from 8:15-9:15pm (Currently Running)
Kidz Music: 1st and 3rd Thursdays 6:00-6:45pm (Starting January 16th)
OR if you are a soloist/small group that would like to participate in our worship services. Please contact Dr. Beth Trez (Music Director) at email@example.com.
KIDZ MUSIC – Kidz Music is for kids in preschool to 1st grade on the 1st and 3rd Thursday evening at 6pm. Dr. Beth will teach kids about God’s love through songs, instruments and music! During that same time Sue Foster will be facilitating a devotion time with parents from the book “Night Light for Parents” by Dr. James and Shirley Dobson in Holy Grounds.
ZETEO BREAKFAST/SNACK DONATIONS – The Youth of St. James are going to Zeteo on January 31st! You may be asking yourself, “How can I, a non-youth, support these teens?” We need breakfast donations! We need donations of non-refrigerated breakfast items. The items can be perishable (such as bagels/fruit) as long as they will not go bad before the trip. (January 31-February 2) Preferably, we are looking for “grab & go” breakfast items for the youth to eat on the ride to the event each morning. Snacks are also accepted as donations, but not as necessary. If you would like to donate food to the youth, please bring your items on Sunday, Jan. 26th, or drop them off at the church sometime before January 30th. In addition to these items, we are also asking for prayer throughout the trip. On January 26th there will be a commissioning of the youth going to Zeteo. There will be a flyer highlighting what it is the congregation can pray for at any given time during the weekend. Thank you for any and all support you can provide!
DIAPER DRIVE – Now through February 14th – Let’s celebrate the birth of our Savior with a Happy Birthday Jesus Diaper Drive. What better way for our St James family to show love to the youngest of God’s children. Any brand and size are greatly appreciated. Families working with nonprofit agencies serving struggling families benefit from these donations. Question? Contact Carol McNulty 717-395-2984 or visit Healthy Steps Diaper Bank at https://healthystepsdiaperbank.com/ to learn more!
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL – The St. James Adult Sunday School Class is reading and discussing Jefferson Bethke’s “To H*** with the Hustle.” The book is aimed at “reclaiming your life in an overworked, overspent, and overconnected world” – perfect for your New Years’ resolution to eliminate clutter and simplify your life! There is a limited supply of books you can pick up on Sunday morning, or feel free to purchase your own. The study is going on now and we meet each Sunday in the library at 9 a.m. Below is the link to his blog about the book follow along! https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/fight-hustle-end hurry/id1480300467?i=1000450022960
PEPPINO’S ITALIAN RESTAURANT – The Fellowship committee is organizing a dinner night out on January 26th at 5:30 p.m. at Peppino’s. We hope you can join us! Sign up in the lobby or let Helen Cooke (717-460-3969) know you’re interested in attending.
BAKED POTATO BAR – Following the annual congregational meeting, join us for a hot baked potato lunch. Potato toppings will include chili, sour cream, broccoli, cheese, bacon, and more ! Enjoy your customized potato and the warm fellowship
with your St. James family.
NEW LUNCH BUNCH – Would you like to grab a cup of coffee or lunch after worship? Starting February 2nd (and the first Sunday of each month following) anyone interested in an informal meal after church is invited to simply meet in the lobby following the service. We will then leave together to a local restaurant. No need to RSVP or make advanced plans. This is an excellent opportunity to get to relax in a friendly setting. Come alone or bring a friend. Questions? Contact Carol McNulty at 717-395-2984.
SAVE THE DATE – The Fellowship committee has invited Laura Souders, a professional organizer, to speak at our church on Monday, March 30th at 7:00 p.m. You may recognize her from her frequent appearances on Good Day, PA .
PANCAKE BREAKFAST – “Boy Scout Troop 279 is hosting an All You Can Eat Pancake Breakfast on Saturday Feb 15th from 8:00 – 11:00 am at Sporting Hill Station. Come and enjoy!”